Alan Brown – Of Counsel
Alan Brown was born in Midland, Texas in 1953. He grew up and attended public schools in Jacksonville, Texas. He received a football scholarship to Kilgore Jr. College. After a knee injury, he transferred to Baylor University, receiving a BBA in 1976 and completed some post-graduate work. Alan entered Baylor Law School in Spring 1979, where he was a member of Phi Alpha Delta and served as co-editor of the law school newspaper. He graduated from Baylor Law School in 1981. After graduation he was Law Clerk to the Honorable William M. Steger (Dec.), U. S. District Court Judge, Eastern District of Texas (1981-1983).
He originally joined Ramey & Flock in 1983, became Partner and tried many civil matters until 1991.
Alan returned “home” to Ramey & Flock in August 2015, after having practiced at Boyd & Brown for the preceding 14.5 years. His practice focuses on general civil litigation, insurance defense, insurance coverage, personal & injury, and mediation.
Alan is married to Jeanetta Snider Brown and together they have 3 children and several grandchildren.
- Baylor University School of Law, J. D.
- Baylor University, B.B.A.
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Civil Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Personal & Injury
- Defense of chemical manufacturer in federal court wrongful death action arising out of exposure to defoliant used in national forests.
- Prosecution of action on behalf of telecommunications company in action for damage to its subsurface transmission lines.
- Defense of multiple trucking companies in eighteen wheeler collisions.
- Defense of oil well owner in wrongful death claim arising out of work by work-over crew.
- Defense of oil well owner in suit alleging improper water injection resulting in damage to adjoining lease.
- Defense of oil company in injury claim resulting from well blow-out due to faulty down hole packer.
- Prosecution of claim for plumbing company for rights under construction lien.
- Defense of landowner in premises liability action for serious burn injury.
- Defense of wrongful death action brought against college student arising from an auto/pedestrian accident.
- Defense of multiple worker compensation carriers and non-subscribing employers.
- State Bar of Texas
- Smith County Bar Association
- Smith County Bar Association – President (2004-2005)
- Smith County Bar Foundation – Charter Member – President (2006-2007)
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- Texas Association of Mediators
- Federal Bar Association – Eastern District of Texas
- First Baptist Church – Deacon, Chair (May 2020 – )
- Baylor Alumni Assoc. Board of Directors (1988-1991) and (2010-2013)
- Baylor School of Law Alumni Association
- East Texas Baylor Club (2 terms as President)
- Baylor University Council for Institutional Development (1986)
- South Tyler Rotary Club
- East Texas Republican Club, President (2020 – )
Admitted to Practice
- U. S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Texas & Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Texas State Courts
Do you need to speak to an experienced attorney?
Click below to connect and consult with one of our legal professionals.