Eric Kolder – Shareholder
Eric Kolder’s practice at Ramey & Flock is focused on employment law & litigation, estate, guardianship, trust litigation, and commercial litigation.
Eric heads up Ramey & Flock’s labor and employment law practice. He is familiar with the many and varied legal issues facing business owners and have developed a particular expertise in labor and employment law. In addition to compliance consulting and litigation representation, Eric frequently provides training and educational seminars for employers, business organizations, and business associations upon request.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Eric earned his accounting degree, passed the CPA examination, and worked in private accounting. His financial and accounting knowledge coupled with his legal training allows him to provide his clients with a conservative, well-rounded approach to legal issues.
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D. (2012)
- Louisiana State University, Magna Cum Laude (2008)
- Superb rating by AVVO
- Labor – Employment
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Probate Litigation – Estate Disputes
- Wills – Probate – Estate Planning
- Smith County Young Lawyers Association – Board Member 2015-present
- State Bar of Texas: Labor and Employment Law Section, Probate Section, Real Estate Section, Trust Law Section
- City of Tyler Traffic Safety Board – Board Memeber 2014 – 2016
- Smith County Bar Association
- Chamber of Commerce – Education/Human Resources Committee Member – 2017 – present
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow – 2019 – present
Admitted to Practice
- Texas State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
Selected Publications & Speaking Engagements
- 2019.05.29 Eric Kolder to serve on expert panel at the East Texas Employment Survey seminar.
- 2019.05.08 Eric Kolder spoke on May 8, 2019 at the May meeting of the East Texas Human Resources Association on the topic of “FLSA Litigation”
- 2019.01.17 Eric Kolder recently spoke at the Tyler Area Chamber of Commerce 2019 B2B Expo on the topic of “2019 Employment Law Update”.
- 2018.11.08 Eric Kolder spoke at the Tyler Area Association of Legal Professionals November meeting on the topic of “Other Side of #MeToo”.
- 2018.08.08 Eric Kolder spoke at the East Texas Human Resource Associations August 2018 meeting on the topic of “Employment Discrimination”.
- 2018.07.25 Eric Kolder spoke at the Tyler Better Business Bureau July meeting on the topic of “FLSA Intern Rule Changes”.
- 2018.06.11 Eric Kolder spoke at the Better Business Bureau Lunch & Learn meeting held on June 11, 2018. Topic was “Interview Process Legal Concerns”.
- 2018.01.18 Eric Kolder spoke on January 18, 2018 at the Tyler Area Chamber of Commerce B2B Expo on the topic of “Employee Handbooks”.
- 2018.01.10 Eric Kolder spoke on January 10, 2018 at the January meeting of the East Texas Human Resources Association on the topic of “FMLA Compliance”.
- 2017.12.07 Eric Kolder spoke on December 7, 2017 to the managers of the Andrews Center in Tyler, TX on the topic of “Texas Guardianship Law”.
- 2017.07 Eric Kolder spoke at the July Meeting of Rose City Chapter of SHRM (Society of Resource Managers) on the topic – Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA): Fighting Abuse and Managing Your Program.
- 2017.05 Eric Kolder was the featured speaker on May 4, 2017 for the Employers Resource Workshop. Topics included: Applicable Law: NLRA, NLRB Process (Charges, Complaints, Decisions), Social Media NLRA Cases, NLRB Guidelines on Social Media Policies and Recommendations for Drafting Social Media Policies.
- 2016.08 Eric Kolder spoke at the Tyler Chamber of Commerce – Joint Meeting of Governmental Affairs and Human Resources Committees on the topic of Fair Labor Standards Act 2016 changes.
- Muldoon, J.M., Keough, S.M., Ligouri, E.W., & Kolder, E.J. (2016). The Mediating of Organization Change, Perceptions of Politics and Interpersonal Conflict at Work on the Leader/Member Exchange and Job Satisfaction Relationship. Journal of the North American Management Society, Spring 2016, 9-21.
- 2015 – Eric Kolder spoke at the Texas Farm Bureau Insurance Regional Meeting on “Estate Planning and the Probate Process”
Employment Law News
Eric Kolder recently spoke at the 2019 TACC Business Workshop on January 17, 2019. Topic was 2019 Employment Law Update. The workshop was held at the Rose Garden - 420 Rose Park Dr., Tyler, TX.
Do you need to speak to an experienced attorney?
Click below to connect and consult with one of our legal professionals.