Paul Gilliam – Shareholder
Paul Gilliam has more than 30 years of experience as a trial lawyer and is board-certified in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. His courtroom experience includes representation of manufacturers and other businesses in death and serious injury cases, including those alleging traumatic brain injury and neuropsychological injuries. Paul is also experienced in the representation of insurers in the litigation of extra-contractual claims and coverage issues. A member of the Trucking Industry Defense Association, Paul represents trucking companies in major personal injury litigation. His practice also includes commercial litigation.
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Transportation – Trucking
- Defense of a large chemical manufacturer in a suit by 300 plaintiffs alleging neuropsychological injuries from exposure to industrial solvents.
- Defense of the owner of a retail business against claims that inadequate security resulted in the kidnapping and murder of a patron.
- Defense of an auto insurer sued for bad faith after denial of an uninsured motorist claim arising from a fatal drive-by shooting.
- Representation of a manufacturer of electrical turbines that was sued for $8 million when a turbine allegedly failed and a co-generation plant went off-line.
- Defense of numerous pharmacies sued for dispensing Fenphen diet drugs.
- Representation of nationwide and regional trucking companies in numerous cases involving fatalities and other catastrophic personal injuries.
- Defense of a state school of dentistry and a faculty member accused of marketing faulty dental implants.
- Representation of a landlord sued for wrongful death by the survivors of two tenants who died in a residential fire.
- Defense of a plumbing subcontractor sued for $3 million for alleged defective construction of an elementary school.
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- State Bar of Texas
- Smith County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Captain, JAGC, USNR (Ret.)
Admitted to Practice
- Texas State Courts
- U. S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas
Do you need to speak to an experienced attorney?
Click below to connect and consult with one of our legal professionals.